June 3, 2018 - 11AM to 4PM -
Gov. Small Park
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 15, 2018
PAY FOR YOUR YEARLY MEMBERSHIP
& VENDOR BOOTH TODAY!
Hosted by the Community Arts Council of Kankakee County, the festival encompasses the Civic Auditorium, the Kankakee County Museum, the Trail, the Dr. A.L. Small home, the one-room School House, the Column Garden and the surrounding grounds. Free admission, free parking, handicapped parking available
Traffic Control on-site, please follow directions to help keep our festival free, fun and safe for all!
What will you experience?
- More than 90 artists and crafters with paintings, crochet, photography, paper craft, pottery, fiber art, stained glass, garden items, needlework, jewelry, woodworking . . . and much more
- Specialty vendors with jams and jellies, farm fresh produce, dips and mixes
- The Civic – artist and crafter booths, music, plants for purchase, quilt raffle tickets, the CAC booth selling fresh strawberries – plain or chocolate dipped and a specialty raffle basket table
- And babies! Oh My - at 2:00pm in the Civic, there will be a baby contest, and a baby photo contest. At 2:45pm, a Strawberry Prince and Princess will be crowned. For further details or to enter your child, call 815.715.8405
- The Trail – shop the artist and crafters booths, get a caricature of you and your family, ride the kids’ barrel train, learn fire safety from local firefighters and the Fire Safety House (1:00pm – 3:00pm), visit the ACERE booth on first responder training and see Ed and his canine friend Bailey work their training demo (12:30pm and 2:30pm), stop and talk with some of our sponsors and supporters and look for grab bags.
- Author’s Circle in the Column Garden – chat with local authors discussing their writing experience and story lines – perhaps you’ll find a new favorite author
- View the 4-foot garden benches, each painted by an artist with autism, on the north side of the Small House, and stop at the porch at 2:00pm for an announcement from Merchant Street Art Gallery of Artists with Autism
- Check out the unique cars on display from the Hieland Hot Rodders
- Kankakee County Museum – enjoy the Art League of Kankakee’s annual show, listen to the Kankakee River Valley Piano Teachers Association students perform, stroll through and enjoy all the Museum has to offer
- Take a tour of the Dr. A.L. Small house (11:00am-4:00pm), and learn what a typical school day was like in a one-room School House (12:00noon – 2:00pm)
- Kids’ Zone – located near the Trail and the School House, kids can enjoy art activities, games, face painting, Cinderella up dos, visit with a (Bradley Lions) lion, and join in the Dime Toss sponsored by the Kankakee County Museum
- Entertainment – a jazz band, instrumentalists, singers, dancers, a children's choir and other choral groups performing gospel, folk or traditional music. Three local theater groups also will offer skits from upcoming productions
- Food - burgers, hot dogs and brats, pulled chicken and pork, tacos and rib tips, cotton candy, kettle corn, funnel cakes, a variety of drinks and more!
- Strawberries - strawberry pie, short cake, ice cream, even pulled pork strawberry barbecue – and of course fresh strawberries, plain or chocolate dipped, at the CAC booth in the Civic
- Raffle – are you feeling lucky? Check out the awesome specialty raffle baskets located at the CAC table near the entrance to the Civic; all proceeds help fund the festival and the Carlson summer art scholarship program
- Parking – available in the field across from the Civic accessible on Charles Street, in the field north of the Park grounds accessible on Water Street. Eighth Avenue between Water and Charles will be closed, with additional one-way traffic on surrounding streets, including west bound only on Water between Wall and Eighth.