June 2, 2019 - 11AM to 4PM -
Small Memorial Park
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 2, 2019
PAY FOR YOUR YEARLY MEMBERSHIP
& VENDOR BOOTH TODAY!
Hosted by the Community Arts Council of Kankakee County.
Free admission, free parking, handicapped parking available.
Traffic Control on-site, please follow directions to help keep our festival free, fun and safe for all!
What will you experience?
• booths inside the Civic Auditorium, on the Governor Small
grounds, on the Trail
• 90+ artists and crafters
• handmade jewelry, paintings, crochet, photography, paper craft,
pottery, fiber art, stained glass, garden art, needlework,
woodworking, bird houses – and much more!
• specialty vendors with jams, jellies, farm fresh produce, dips &
• pick up some plants, buy a ticket to the quilt raffle
• fresh strawberries – dipped or plain – at the CAC booth in the Civic
• Author’s Circle in the Column Garden – chat with local authors
discussing their writing experience and story lines
• the Trail will offer artist and crafter booths, pet related vendors, the
kids’ barrel train and a hot dog stand
• visit the Fire Safety House (1:00pm – 4:00pm)
• view and bid on the 4-foot garden benches painted by artists from
Merchant Street Art Gallery of Artists with Autism, winner will be
announced at 3:00pm
• check out the unique cars on display from the Hieland Hot Rodders
• stop in the Kankakee County Museum – enjoy the Art League of
Kankakee’s annual show, stroll through and enjoy all the Museum
has to offer
• let your kids show off their creativity with free kids activities in the
Kids’ Zone– located near the Trail and the School House, craft
activities with Easterseals, play plinko with Meijer. Pay events
include the Museum’s dime toss and facepainting with Chris
• live entertainment – jazz, instrumentalists, singers, dancers, a
children's choir and other choral groups performing gospel, folk or
traditional music. Local theater groups also will offer a sampling
from upcoming productions
• food - burgers, hot dogs and brats, pulled chicken and pork, tacos
and rib tips, bbq, cotton candy, kettle corn, funnel cakes, a variety
of drinks and more!
• strawberries - strawberry pie, short cake, ice cream, even pulled
pork strawberry barbecue – and of course fresh strawberries, plain
or chocolate dipped, at the CAC booth in the Civic
• parking –in the field north of the Park grounds accessible on Water
Street, street parking in the surrounding area. Eighth Avenue
between Water and Charles will be closed, with additional one-way
traffic on surrounding streets, including west bound only on Water
between Wall and Eighth.