The mission of the CAC is to serve as a central body to promote, develop, stimulate, and encourage arts organizations, artists, and arts participation in Kankakee County.
The Community Arts Council of Kankakee County accomplishes this purpose by building awareness of the arts and by promoting participation within the community for the arts and cultures of the Kankakee area.
Goals for the Community Arts Council:
1. Simplify organizational governance and include more community members
2. Increase number and expand diversity of individuals and organizations involved
3. Build collaborations, outreach, and networks; increase volunteer base
4. Increase and diversify revenue
5. Focus on marketing and promotion; develop organizational website and brand.
6. Continue to discuss and examine best options for a CAC facility